Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nehemiah: When not to broadcast your vision.

Have you ever had a time where God spoke to you and you couldn't wait to tell folks about it. It is truly amazing when God places vision in the heart of a person. It might be vision for your future or some needed information and wisdom about a situation in your life. The Word tells us that, "His sheep know His voice." Nehemiah knew what it takes awhile for many of us to learn. We are not necessarily suppose to blab the vision the minute the Lord reveals it too us. So far in Nehemiah's journey he had only told the governors of the Trans-Euphrates by giving them a copy of the kings letter on his way home. His enemies had learned of his plan this way and began scheming. One would think as long as he had given the governors the letters he should just tell all the home folks as well. Nehemiah didn't do that. He wanted to get a first hand look at the problems himself rather than rely on second hand information. So he went throughout the route of the wall and accessed the damage himself. When Nehemiah did speak with the elders it would be with knowledge.

Has God shared something with you? Ask him what if anything you should share with others at this moment. Perhaps there is a waiting period. You can use that time wisely by allowing the Holy Spirit to help you be prepared for the task and how best to present it.

Nehemiah 2:11-16
11 So I came to Jerusalem and was there three days. 12 Then I arose in the night, I and a few men with me; I told no one what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem; nor was there any animal with me, except the one on which I rode. 13 And I went out by night through the Valley Gate to the Serpent Well and the Refuse Gate, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem which were broken down and its gates which were burned with fire. 14 Then I went on to the Fountain Gate and to the King’s Pool, but there was no room for the animal under me to pass. 15 So I went up in the night by the valley, and viewed the wall; then I turned back and entered by the Valley Gate, and so returned. 16 And the officials did not know where I had gone or what I had done; I had not yet told the Jews, the priests, the nobles, the officials, or the others who did the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment