Saturday, August 29, 2009

God is on the Throne

Click here to see This weeks Sermons and Sunday School

This week my emotions were like a roller coaster. The one constant for me was speaking the Word of God. Circumstances or emotions are not to rule your destiny or your actions. We have to be able to see what is happening in the natural to get to the supernatural God wants to show us. Just when I was tempted to wonder where in the world God was...He showed me His care for the little things and the big things. At one point I was riled and as I started to read the Word...I asked God what use it was to do so that day...my emotions after all were all over the place. Thankfully He reminded me that my faithfullness in placing His Word in my heart was why I had truth to draw from even on days that seem bleak. His prodding reminded me that I didn't have to stay upset...I could speak His Word...and sure enough his Word changed circumstances.

Keep Speaking God's Word over situations.
It is easy to get into a pity party about what folks say and do....why things are going so slow, or why distressing things happen. I don't for a minute deny the fact that there can be sorrow and hurt in our lives. However, much of what we end up living depends on our ability to believe God has a greater plan and our willingness to dare against all logic to speak His Word instead of voicing a current circumstances ..even when a discouraging word is on the tip of the tongue. God honors...us when we replace words of defeat with words of faith.

Look beyond the obvious.

God is always on the throne and in control, yet sometimes we don't see it. It is like the old saying that says, "you can't see the forest for the trees". What is blocking your view of Jesus? What is blocking your fellowship with Him. Take a minute and ask the Holy Spirit this question and He will be faithful to tell you. It is not about feeling condemnation for letting something block your view. The Holy Spirit reveals things so that you can have the results that the Father desires in your spiritual life. When blockages are removed..You see Him high and lifted up on the throne above all thrones. He is faithful to help you remove trees that block your view of the beautiful forest of God's love and plan for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment